On Sunday, June 30, Terri Stacy and Mel McMahon speak with Brenda Jackson, founder of Worthmore Academy. Learn all about this school that has been helping kids with special needs for over 30 years and how you can help them serve the community.
Hear a different Indiana Original each week. Thanks for listening!
This segment made possible by our sponsors at B&W Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Drains.
About Worthmore Academy: Worthmore Academy was founded in 1988 by Brenda J. Jackson to provide an environment to meet the academic and social needs of every child enrolled.
The most common learning disabilities we work with are:
- Dyslexia, A.D.D (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- A.D.H.D. (Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Autistic spectrum (including Asperger’s Syndrome)
- Communication DisorderOur devoted staff maintains the highest quality of individualized remediation with continued emphasis on emotional growth. Worthmore’s goal is to help each child return to a traditional academic setting within one to two years.
- This segment is made possible by B & W Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Drains
- Recorded with Terri Stacy, First Day
- Broadcasted by 93.1 WIBC
- Imaging by Steve O’Brien, SOVO Creative, Inc.
- Music Credit to The Elms, “Back to Indiana”