Titus Bakery is celebrating 40 years of business with activities at its two central Indiana locations all month long:
- 820 W. South St. in Lebanon, IN 46025
- 17471 Wheeler Rd., Suite 110 (Monon Market Place) in Westfield, IN 46074
For 40 years Titus Bakery has operated from its location in Lebanon, Ind. originally serving a variety of pastries. In 2012, founder Bill Titus decided to retire and enlisted the help of his daughter, Terry Rake, to find a buyer.
However, Terry saw this as an opportunity to grow the business and keep it in the family. In addition to expanding hours and visibility, Terry began an extending offering on the cakes, pies, cookies, as well as other baked items and added a deli. She then changed the name from Titus Pastries to Titus Bakery.
In honor of this mega milestone, the Bakery will be hosting the following events:
- Thursday, Jan. 9 at the Lebanon, Ind. location from 9 – 11 a.m.
Founder Bill Titus (owner from 1980 – 2012) will be present to greet and reminisce with customers about the last 40 years in the doughnut business.
- Sunday, Jan. 12 at the Westfield, Ind. location from 9 a.m. – Noon
- Saturday, Jan. 18 at Cork and Barrel from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Titus Bakery has partnered with Cork and Barrel to host a Wine and Donuts tasting event. Five wines from around-the-world will be paired with donuts. Each person will receive a one-ounce sample pour of wine. Featured donuts will include Maple Bacon, Peanut Butter Fluff, Pershing, Nut Stick and Black Forest. Tickets are $18.50 per person and can be purchased directly from Cork and Barrel by calling (317) 366-3316.
- Tuesday, Jan. 14 at the Lebanon, Ind. location from 8 – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15 at the Westfield, Ind. location from 8 – 10 a.m.
Guests can stop by for a sample of Titus Bakery cake.
- Friday, Jan. 17 at the Lebanon, Ind. location from 9 – 10 a.m.
Officers from the Lebanon Police Department will be at the bakery for Coffee with a Cop. This event brings police officers and community members together over coffee to discuss issues and learn more about each other. Coffee will be provided by Titus Bakery.
- Saturday, Jan. 18 at the Westfield, Ind. location from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 31 at the Lebanon, Ind. location from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Patrons will be able to sample a Titus sandwich featuring Boar’s Head brand meats and cheese.
- All month
Lastly, Titus Bakery is encouraging children from ages 5 – 17 to help design a new doughnut. One design will be selected per location. The winning doughnut will be based on creativity, flavor combination and individuality. Each design will be offered for sale during the month of March at each respective location. The winning design including the winner’s name and photo will be announced the first week of February and each winner will receive a $50 gift certificate. To enter, entry forms can be picked up and returned to a Titus Bakery location by Friday, Jan. 31.