Social Media Manager + Creative Fellow
Position Purpose: The Social Media Manager/Creative Fellow is responsible for directly supporting the programs, efforts, and mission of PATTERN. The role will develop and manage existing social media accounts and new accounts, lead in marketing and engagement efforts, and invest in the sustainable future of the organization. In addition to social media management, the role is responsible for assisting in managing interns, events, creative service projects, and anything else that comes up. This person must be able to multitask, possess strong time management skills, and communicate with internal and external contacts and meet critical deadlines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. PATTERN will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
● Manage day-to-day communications & posts across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
● Create a social posting strategy that aligns with the brand’s marketing calendar to increase engagement, visibility, and followers
● Brainstorm creative ways to cross-promote and collaborate on social platforms ● Grow social media following organically and strategically
● Report monthly on content performance and present social insights and best practices to appropriate teams
● Build and launch paid and organic social media campaigns
● Engage in conversation (including direct messages and inquiries) with consumers in brand voice
● Create engaging on-brand content including quotes, GIFs, and videos ● Train and manage social media interns
● Promote local artists and talent through social media series
● Support internal communication and workflow as needed
● Assist with creative service projects
● Engage with interns through projects and daily check ins
Educations and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following educational and/or experience
● At least 12 months of social media experience
● An understanding of social media analytics and how to track them
● Familiarity with all of PATTERN’s social media platforms
● A degree in fashion, journalism, marketing is not required, but preferred
Must be available to work on-site at the PATTERN HQ, at 941 N. Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46204 every Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30-5:30pm
The position is 20 hours a week; 16 hours on-site and 4 hours remotely
The Creative Fellowship is a one year commitment.
$650 per month, paid monthly at the end of the month. Additional opportunities to earn income are available via PATERN’s Creative Services program.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org